Friday, March 24, 2006

NZ - South Island Trip Day 3 (6 Mar)

Franz Josef Glacier -> Fox Glacier -> Lake Matheson -> Hasst -> Makarora

We went for the glacier walk with one of the guiding companies. It was tought!! Esp for me who have not been working out since pregnant, plus my serious fear of heights. There was even one part which I simpily refused to cross. Knowing these, the guide have requested that I walk close behind him.


Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

I can't control my legs after. Its seems to have a mind of its own... But we can't rest now... Its to Fox Glacier!

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Then to Lake Mathesan to view the famous reflection of Mt Cook and Mt Tasman perfectly reflected in the water, but it was too windy to see that.

We have decided to stop at Hasst as it was raining and late, but the motels were too expensive (even without kitchen) and there was nothing to eat at that miserable place. So we continued to Makarora and managed to get a chalet with kitchen to cook our Maggie noodles.