Sunday, March 26, 2006

NZ - South Island Trip Day 11 (14 Mar)

Nelson -> Motueka -> Murchison -> Westport -> Lewis Pass -> Hanmer Springs

There wasn't much to do in Nelson if you ain't interested to explore Abel Tasman National Park. We were not interested in sea sport and kayak, so we went to see see look look in Motueka and then decided to leave.

Off Highway 6, somewhere in Murchison, its Buller Gorge. There is NZ's longest Swingbridge at 110 m long. Vincent and I have considered for a long time if we should cross the bridge and in the end, we gave up as I'm scared of heights, I think I will most probably freak up in the middle of it.

We continued on our journey. It was quite amazing to see some hitch-hikers in the most unexpected places, but we didn't stop to pick anyone up.

Reached Westport in time for a lunch on the beach. Then continued with a slow drive thru Lewis Pass.


Image hosting by Photobucket
Dairy farm in Lewis Pass


Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket
Lewis Pass

It was quite early when we reached Hanmer Springs and it was hot there! I meant hot like Singapore, not warm. So I happily put on my skirt and slip on :)

Vincent complained that our cheap motel got no air-con :) What to say, the air-con one costs NZ$110 and we got this cheap one for NZ$85.