Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hello Wei Wei!

Sorry! Don't really have the time to blog about this out-dated post...

On Tuesday, 13 Nov, I ent for my usual weekly checkup. But this time round, my aminotic fluid was again dangerously low like when I was having Edie. Dr Tang suggested that I go for induction asap. I was relucted as I recalled the long process and the high possibility of an emgerency c-section. But after much thoughts, I think it would be unfair to the baby, thus I've decided to go ahead and scheduled for an induction the next day. It was nearly 1 pm when we returned to the shop, but yet we went with our usual biz.

Wednesdy, 14 Nov, 2 pm. We reached SHMC but there was no doctor, no nurses, so we went straight to the labour ward, but we found that the clinic nurse did not book a delivery ward for me. The delivery ward nurse called Dr Tang and settled it. I was shown to a temporary room while the nurses prepared the nearest ward next to the nurse station. 3 pm, I was transferred to the actual ward, then they made me cleared bowel and prepared for the delivery. 4 pm, first tablet inserted, and its then a long waiting process...

10 pm, Dr Tang came, check cervix, 1 cm dilated, inserted second tablet. She suggested epidural at this point, which I've initially agreed. 11 pm, epidural commenced. Vincent said that he have never knew that I was poked so many times (he recalled about 7 times). But I think its better to be painful for half an hour than to bear the pain or the next few hours.

I managed to sleep but have to wake up for the nurses to turn me from side to side to ease the numless. They also came constantly to check my temperature and pressure, the CTG graph, to empty my urine and check cervix dilation. 2 pm, still 2 cm. 3 pm, 3 cm, then I though, die lah, like that dunno until when...

But the weird thing happened, I heard a "pop" sound, then water gushed out, after that, I felt so painful. I thought KL epidural so lousy, can fell pain one, wasted money like that. So I called the nurse. She checked and my water bag already burst. I asked her to increase the epidural dosage. She did. At 4:20am, still painful, I asked her if she did her job, she called the doctor and they direct insert the full dosage to my spinal. At this point, a little voice told me, he wants to come out before 6am... very weird but its true that I heard him...

5am, I called the nurse again and going to tell her off. She checked my cervix and she was shocked, 9cm already! Baby also down. 5:20am, checked again, fully dilated and baby pushing down. At this time, gynae arrived and they started the pushing process, like Edie's, I too tired and can't really pushed with the epidural, so I told them to go ahead with the vaccumm. Even so, baby also can't come out, so in the end, I got cut... Baby's out slightly before 6am.

Baby Wynn came out to be 3.06 kg and 49 cm : )


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting